You may find the idea of Refrigerator Repair quite formidable especially if you are in front of your refrigerator full of food and unexpectedly it breaks down right before your eyes. What are you supposed to do? Where can you get help from? Who can you trust to get your refrigerator back into shape?
You may actually have some options that you must focus your attention to instead of spending your time turning pages of your directory. If you find the problem not too complicated, then our Refrigerator Troubleshooting page can truly help you.
I Don’t Have a Experience in Repairs, What Should I Do?
If you think you can’t fix the refrigerator on your own (don’t attempt to fix it yourself if it’s still under warranty as the warranty will be terminated if you do so) You should always have a professional fix your unit.
1. What is your refrigerator’s make and model?
If it is possible, try to find your refrigerator’s make and model. Identify its brand as well. You will aim to start by looking for someone who is experienced enough to fix the type of refrigerator you have. You can contact the manufacturer to know if they have available service technicians within your area to whom they give authority to fix their particular brand. Also, the store where you purchased the refrigerator from may give you repair information and suggestions.
2. Is your refrigerator still under warranty?
This makes it important to keep your receipts or any paperworks for purchases like your refrigerator. If you have the receipt, check if the unit is still under warranty or not. Definitely, it can save you a lot of replacement or repair costs should you find your unit under warranty.
3. Is the repair something that you can do yourself?
Before you just say no, consider a little more of this. If the problem is just some replacement to the light bulb or adjustment to the door gasket, these are obviously simple stuff that you can perhaps do on your own. You will surely save on both repair labor and added parts costs that come with common service calls.
4. Considering the cost, is it reasonable to fix the refrigerator or buy a new one instead?
There are repair bills that could possibly cost you hundreds of dollars. It may sound fair enough to consider purchasing a new refrigerator if the repair will cost you a lot blindly. As you get an estimate from the repairman, you can make a good balancing of it knowing that refrigerators nowadays are available at $1,200 on average.
Refrigerator Repair Service that You Can Trust
Repairmen are available in all sizes and shapes and offer services in different price ranges. However, as we have stressed here, turning pages of your directory to get anyone is not the only option you got. With the availability of the internet nowadays, it would be easier for you to broaden your resource and get a trustworthy repairman to fix your refrigerator.
Here are services that you may like to consider:
• Service Magic- When it comes to available service people in the web, Service Magic is one of the broadest databases. One admiring feature of this site is that it allows present and past users to comment and rate a certain service professional. The use of the service is free and you will be provided with excellent support information there so you can find a reputable repairman in your area. You can visit them at ServiceMagic.com.
• Angie’s List- Things at Angie’s List were started as a means for women to suggest various contractors to each other. From this, the service grew to become a full resource for repair and service professionals. Check on unbiased ratings for both the best and worst service companies that are available in your area. Get this from Angie’s List.
• Refrigerator Manufacturers- When it comes to your refrigerator repair problems, we only want a reputable and well-trained serviceman to take care of your make and model. With many fridge models getting hi tech nowadays, you will definitely want an expert repairman. One of the best ways to get this right person is to contact the manufacturer directly. You can expect them to know a lot of qualified people who might have built shops in your area. You can try our Refrigerator Manufacturer’s Resource page for further information.
• Maryland Refrigerator Repair- If you are residing somewhere in Maryland and in need of a repairman to fix your refrigerator, you can check what Star Appliance can offer you.
DON’Ts IN REFRIGERATOR REPAIR
As a smart consumer, you are expected to do your homework and get just the best and most reputable repairman to bring your refrigerator back into shape at a reasonable price. Being this smart, you may want to know the things that you should not do in terms of refrigerator repair.
• Don’t Fix It Yourself – We have mentioned earlier that fixing your refrigerator while it is under warranty will terminate such warranty. Apart from this, it is indeed necessary to forget about fixing your fridge if you don’t find yourself capable of doing it. This is to keep you away from any danger that may come along as you try to figure out the problem and start putting things in your hands.
• Don’t Immediately Decide to Hire the Repairman You Find First- Ask some references from your family members, friends and colleagues or even appliance retailers in your area. You may not be even 100% sure of the repairman that the manufacturer recommended, so calling your local Better Business Bureau can save you a lot of worries.
• Don’t Pay Up Front – Be smart enough to be sure that the repairman had solved your problem fully and you are satisfied with what he did to your refrigerator before service money comes out from your pocket. Paying up front won’t give you leverage should you find the service unsatisfactory in a shorter run.
Refrigerator Repair doesn’t have to be a scary idea. You will find no problem if you are just on the right track to find the most qualified repairman who will satisfactorily fix your refrigerator.